Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a Wonderful Day

Yes….. today I am in good spirits. Why? I don’t know and don’t care. It is enough to feel good about the day. After my sick day I am rejuvenated.

I started a new project yesterday with old floppy discs. It is amazing to me the changes in technology in a short period of time. Everyone uses CD’s now and sometimes for me that is just to much space. I have a thumb drive (flash drive, portable drive etc.) for transporting documents or pictures. I find it the simplest for me. We’ve made the floppy obsolete. I can remember when the floppy was the only portable document carrier we used…or I used. We always had the zip drive in the offices I worked in: however I still have trouble opening them up. With all of the changes in technology you would think that the zipped files would be opened easier today. Maybe it is just me.

Yesterday when I put 50 or 60 floppies side by side they really made an interesting pattern. Not sure where it will go from here. That is the beauty of art: most of the time it takes on a life of its own. I will post a picture when I finish the piece.......if I ever get the hang of that part of this blog. As you can see my slide show is still not working. And yes I really do make art.

If anyone can really explain a widget I would truly be grateful. I basically know what it does; however I do not know how to enter the widget code into my layout. Sigh. I am not as techno savvy as I thought I was. I will keep trying.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -Thomas Edison

Thanks Tom I will remember that while I continue to wrestle with widgets.

Quote for the day:
There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.
-Pablo Picasso

I agree. Do You?

No comments: