Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sick?

Today I am home sick. Well not sick in the true sense of the word; however I am taking a sick day. I have been having trouble sleeping at night. I wake up at all hours not knowing why. Today I woke up at 2 am and could not go back to sleep. What is up with that?

Once awake my mind starts to wander and I start thinking about stupid things: Did I take meat out of the freezer? Did I turn off the garage light? Did I send that email at work? All of which do not need an answer at 2 am. If I was solving world peace maybe 2 am is a good time to be up. Although I have some ideas about world peace…. I will never solve it.

I should probably go to the doctor; however I always wait until I think I have a brain tumor: meaning excruciating pain. I am 61 and take no regular mediations and feel quite proud of that.

Last September I was considered morbidly obese. Now the word obese is enough to give one thought and when you add morbidly it becomes overwhelming. And that is just what I thought. Even though my numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol etc) were in range, they were at the higher end. The arthritis in my knees was killing me and I thought there is no way I can work past 62. I will have to retire. All of that has changed and I am now just overweight. And you say JUST. Hey… after morbidly obese, overweight is great. I am working toward in range (normal) for my height. My knees are so much better and I can walk my dog around the block. I won’t be able to take long hikes anymore; however I get up in the morning and feel reasonably well. I am a happy camper today.

On a completely different subject; I am in the process of a collaborative art piece with my Swell Sister Society (women in the arts since 08). We each start a piece and pass it to the next sister to work on, and so on, and so on…………. until it comes back to me. What fun. I will do a show and tell when it is finished.

Is my life sad? Not today!

Quote for the day:
Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. Carol Burnett

I agree. Do You?

No comments: