Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Great Day in the Neighborhood

Today I missed the 6:30 am light rail to work. I don’t know what I was doing this morning to lag behind. I thought about driving; but gas is still too high to drive when I can take public transportation. I’ll save my gas for the things I want to do instead of work.

I was scheduled to go to a meeting last night for the opening of the dog park in Folsom. I really did not want to go; but it is sooooo close to home and a very short meeting I decided to “just do it.” Well the meeting was cancelled and when I saw the note on the door I was very happy to be going home again. All of this took maybe 10 minutes. It was great to go back home and to continue painting my current project. I need a day with more than 24 hours in it.

“Little boxes” is the current project. It is painted recycled cigarette boxes. I love to recycle trash into art. They all have a modern art feel. No subject since I am just looking for composition in the small scale. The project is actually fun with no redeeming political or social value. Hey we can’t protest all of time right?

I do have an idea for a political piece in a recycled wooden box; however I need to be in the right mood before I start. I will have to start watching CNN or some other news channel to get me fired up. I need to check in ans see what our politicians are doing or actually NOT doing.

Yep that is how my life is going right now. Not bad at all.

AND two more days until I visit Frida at the SF MOMA.

Quote for the day or actually definition for the day:

Definition of Politics: "Poli" in latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "blood-sucking parasites." – Anonymous

Pessimist? Maybe!

2 comments:

JEN ZONE said...

Right on!

Way to create with absolute freedom and abandon!

and....yes....the B.S. of Poly "tic"s (Love your quote)seem to be a cleverly plotted scourge to belittle and suck the health and wellness out of charismatic passionate blood of millions of creative hearts and souls.

True being-ness seems to be a rare thing.

We must delete the consumption!

REVOLUTION NOW!

Oh, yeah....Have a good day! ;0)

SSS, jenj

Campbell Jane said...

Love what you've done to your blog! Looks great! Can't wait to see your ciggie boxes!