Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almost Friday

As you can guess Friday’s at 5 pm are my favorite time. I am off work and on the light rail home. But today is only Thursday and I am at work waiting for Friday.

I had a productive day yesterday. I painted on my newest piece called “forgiveness” and it is a bit of a political piece. I am struggling with not enough OR not obvious enough politics in the piece. Maybe I am too chicken and afraid to be right up in your face. I struggle because if the content is not strong enough no one will get it.

I took a break from the little boxes to do this piece. I need to get back to them since they are so easy and fun. It gives me a lift to accomplish them. I have a couple of other pieces in mind; but need to finish my current work first.

Thought for the day:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." - Thomas Paine 1776

For those of you that have forgotten your history: 1776 was the Revolutionary War or War for Independence. Interesting thought for today. We don’t call them a war anymore now do we?

No comments: