Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to Work Tomorrow

Sunday evening and the weekend is over. Where did it go? All day yesterday I as at a St. Ambrose Guild meeting. We are going to paint the scallops on the pavilion, at the next meeting, so I volunteered to make the stencil.

On the way home I stopped at a thrift store. I had a little fun looking to find things to recycle. Unfortunately nothing grabbed me and I saved money.

Today I went to the Antique Faire or is it the Vintage Faire? It is under highway 50 and 21st on the 2nd Sunday of the month. What fun to see all kinds of things and what people are willing to pay. Again I looked for things that interested me visually. Here I did spend a little hard earned cash. I found some really old curtain rods that look like spears, a stamp for Sheila in Swell Sisters. Also a window latch that was painted white at one time and is now all scratched off. I plan to use it in an assemblage in the future. I found some very little Hans Christina Andersen books and the best of all is the cow vertebrae. Yes girls and boys vertebrae. I thought the shape was so interesting that I bought three. I think I will hang them on my deck in some way. It certainly will be a conversation piece.

I found some wonderful things that would be great in the studio for organizing (ex. an oak library card file); however I don’t really have the room. My house is very small.

The friends I went with today want me to paint a small mural in their bathroom. I will take a picture and post when it is done.

Well it is back to work tomorrow and I did not paint at all this weekend. However it was a good weekend with friends and those are rare are they not?

Quote for the day:
"When you choose your friends, don't be short-changed by choosing personality over character." – Somerset Maugham

No comments: