Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Art is Collaboration

I have missed a couple days of my blog here. Not sure what is up with that.

Oh yes I know. I have been at work all day and meetings in the evening. That pretty much uses up my time. I haven’t even had a chance to paint. I might need a sick day to feel better.

The Folsom Dog Park opens on Saturday and we are getting the last minute details together for the grand opening ceremonies. The committee has no idea how many people will show up with their dogs for the event. I haven’t been a part of the Folsom Independent Dog Owners (FIDO) for very long; however I am told that this dog park took eight years to complete. We may have 50 people or 500. It should be interesting.

My Swell Sister Society is meeting tomorrow and we have a speaker from a gallery in Sacramento. We are also ending the collaborative art project "Indi 1” and starting “Indi 2.” The project involves several artists that start a piece of work and pass it on to another artist to work on. We continue to pass the pieces until all have worked on each of them. I thought the process would be easy; however after several people have worked on a piece it becomes more difficult to make changes. The finished pieces I think are amazing. I will take pictures tomorrow of Indi 1 and post.

Well that is it for now. I still need to get back into the studio before I explode.

Quote for the day:
“Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.” – Andre Gide

No comments: