Monday, August 18, 2008

Is it Monday?

Hello Monday and all you cyber geeks. Well I had a very busy weekend. Saturday I was at Folsom’s new dog park for opening ceremonies with city officials and all manner of political folk. The dogs were so good. We had a few hundred for the first day and they ranged from the extra large to the teeny tiny; but they all got a long. Why can’t we do that? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sunday was off to San Francisco to the Golden Gate Renaissance Faire. It was definitely a bit chilly there. We had drizzle in the morning and it was cold all day. However it is a really nice faire with a good selection of guilds and vendors. The food could have a bit more variety and more than one coffee vendor; but all in all a good show. I give it two thumbs up.

Now that that is over I can concentrate on my painting. The Swell Sisters have a show opening in December on 2nd Saturday. If you are reading this and not at all familiar with Sacramento, let me tell you we have an art scene here. Yes a real art scene. Every month on the 2nd Saturday all of the galleries open their new shows with some sort of reception. Some folks in town make it a mission to visit as many galleries, in that one night, as possible. However I wait and go after a week or so. I prefer to see the art not the back of someone’s head. Crowds are not my thing.

Now I can concentrate on what I want to show with the sisters. I am jazzed. I also started another collaborative project with my sisters and will post as they come along.

Quote for the day:
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. – Gilda Radner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are one busy and creative and articulate woman. Wow!

-jenj