Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday is my Thursday

Today is Wednesday which is really my Thursday. One more day of work and I am off until after Labor Day. Yippee. Now.....I would love to say I am taking all this time off to paint; but I can’t. I am off to Twain Harte for a girlfriends only weekend. Girlfriends I haven’t spent real time with in a long time. Back on Sunday then off to Tahoe camping.

Sacramento County has a summer camp in the El Dorado Forest just below Tahoe. The last two weeks of August are senior camp. Yes friends I am a senior. We sleep in cabins and eat in the dining hall and have workshops during the day. It is really very pleasant. I take my art supplies and draw or just read a book.

The reason I bring this up is I may not get a chance to post until Friday the 29th. And you say “Oh Well So What.” Well shame on you. This blog is riveting right?

Enough about my vacation see the attached picture of my on going project called "little boxes.” True to my nature they are re-used cigarette boxes. I am trying to make them really durable so I have a proto-type in my back pack. It is wearing well. Enjoy!



Quote for the day:
He who does not get fun and enjoyment out of every day... needs to reorganize his life. – George M. Adams

No comments: