Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back

I am back from vacation. It was a great week in the mountains. First in Twain Harte and then in Strawberry. A great way to beat the heat.



At senior camp I was introduced to gourds and wood burning. I believe wood burning is now called pyrographics or something very similar. I know as a kid I did some wood burning; however this was great fun. I burned the outside of the gourd with a design and then stained it with leather dye. Now I know why people talk about the Gourd Festival in Folsom. The gourds must be amazing since I think mine are and I am novice. I am going to the gourd festival this fall to check out the artists that do this work all the time. What new fun at 62!



Quote for the day:
Aging is not 'lost youth' but a new stage of opportunity and strength.
Betty Friedan (1921 - 2006)



Folsom Gourd Festival
http://www.folsomgourdfestival.com/festival_news.htm
Check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely gourds. Spiritual and rich.

-jenj