Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whew!


Hello all I haven't posted in a few days. Been so busy. I was back at work this week and sometimes after a vacation you have twice as much work at before. Well I was overwhelmed. It was a short week and didn't really feel like it. It seems like there is not enough time. Gosh it seems I say that a lot.

Today I made stencils for my Renaissance Acting Group. The stencil is of the Tudor Rose and we are going to paint the dags on the pavilion before Folsom Faire.

I agreed to make the stencils because after the meeting tomorrow, and after the pot luck, and after a couple of beers it needs to be as easy as possible. No really it is so we can get done in a reasonable time and make it look uniform. I am going to try to remember my camera and take pictures. The pavilion top will only be on the ground so better pictures will have to be taken at the Folsom Faire.

I also worked on my Swell Sister collaborative projects. Actually one is a skull I worked on by myself so I am not sure where collaboration comes in. (see the above picture) I am actually quite pleased with the look. I may have trouble giving it back. The large skull was made by my sister Jennifer out of sugar. She passed it on to me to paint. I was afraid it would melt; but I kept the paint minimal and realistic.

It was to hot to work in the yard; but I did water today since I cannot water again until Tuesday. We are in a stage 2 water alert here in Folsom. I also cleaned the kitchen floor, did laundry and I would have vacuumed; however that machine seems to have a broken belt.

Have a great weekend.

Quote for the day: Avoiding the phrase “I don’t have time...”, will soon help you to realize that you do have the time needed for just about anything you choose to accomplish in life. -Bo Bennett

No comments: