Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Paint Paint Paint

Today is Tuesday and I think I lost a day or two. That is becoming a habit. Maybe I stay younger that way and only age half as fast. Interesting thought don’t you think?

On Sunday at the St. Ambrose Guild meeting we painted the dags on the pavilion. Yes friends I took pictures. And you say “Yippeeee.” I will also take pictures at the Folsom Renaissance Faire to see how it looks once it is up.

When I arrived at the home of a friend that stores our pavilions I saw that the pavilion was actually up. I though we would have to stand on ladders to paint the dag. The pavilion is 8 or 9 feet tall….at least at the bottom of the dag. The top is probably 15 feet maybe. After asking a few politically correct questions (not my strongest trait) I discovered it was only up to dry out from the Golden Gate Renaissance Faire. Yes friends that faire was a very drippy wet cold affair. Just like northern England and after 90 to 100 degrees here in Sacramento it was very invigorating. Sorry I digress.

Here are pictures of the ladies painting the dags on the pavilion with a wonderful Tudor Rose. I made the stencils and we are saving them to complete the painting. We only finished the front and one rose on each side. The best news is that we will never wonder again which is the front of the pavilion top.





Also the men were painting the portable car garage (not sure what you call it) something other than shiny silver. We use the car garage behind the pavilion as a storage area and dressing room. That allows the full use of the pavilion for chairs and tables AND to keep out of the sun.



The day went pretty fast once we started and with a potluck in between it was a very nice Sunday in deed. Spending the day with friends is never wasted.

Quote for the day: It's a lot like nature. You can only have as amny animals as the ecosystem can support and you only have as many friends as you can tolerate the bitching of. - Randy K. Milholland

Ain't that the truth?

1 comment:

This Makes My Day said...

Hi Rogalaca,

Thank you for your visit and also for your nice comment! Your blog is very interesting too, I also like the quotes you have put on your blog like the quote from Salvador Dali and from Churchill.

I whish you all the best and many inspiration with your artworks.

Have a good day!