Sunday, September 14, 2008

Work In Progress

I was hoping to sleep in today. Unfortunately that was not the case. I was out late last night at the 2nd Saturday Art Walk in Sacramento. I didn’t get home until almost midnight.

It was really fun. I met my Swell Sisters at the Verge for the 2nd Annual Circus Show. The Circus Show was sponsored (or co sponsored) by Gale Hart a Sacramento artist and animal rights activist. All the proceeds were donated to animal rights programs. It was fun with great art, great people, live entertainment, and carny games.


Then we were off to see a collaborative show that one of our sisters was showing in. She did great and sold everything I believe. Good going Laurelin.


Sacramento was crazy last night so many people out. I am not a crowd person normally; but it was fun. I am not sure how anyone sees all of the art shows in one night.


Yesterday I started some new pieces. I am back to assemblage for some reason. I promised myself I had to vacuum before I could get into the studio. I had to take the dang machine a part to change the belt. I hope it lasts as long as the last one!


So far this has bee a great weekend. Here are a couple of pictures of my work in progress.






Quote for the day: For the serious artist does not satisfy needs – instead he creates values. Values, to the world at large, have – alas, alas, and again alas – no value at all – Anthony Burgess


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May-yone! I love your assemblage pieces. Cool!

-jenj