Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday No Work!

I haven’t blogged in a while. I have actually been busy. Go Figure! Work has been pretty crazy. We are setting up our reading conference for November and buying books and contacting with the hotel. I took today off because yesterday was my birthday. Now I know I should have taken yesterday off; however I had a meeting in Sacramento and thought if I have to drive there I might as well go to work. That gave me today off. No driving to Sacramento. I am going up to Cameron Park and have lunch with one of my Swell Sisters Janet.

Anyway........... "Happy Birthday to me."

The Swell Sisters meeting was great last night. We had another Sacramento woman artist speaking about her art. She has a great sense of humor and it was very enjoyable. Her name is Gioia Fonda and she started her own holiday called Pink Week, fifteen years ago.

Per Gioia the second week of November is the week that we should celebrate Pink in all it’s glory. The holiday is to get people aware of color. However if you love green than you wear green all week etc.

Gioia is co-owner of the Tangent Gallery in Sacramento http://www.tangent-gallery.com/ and the Pink show opens on the 2nd Saturday in November.

I have been taking a basic print class at CSU Sacramento and here are some pictures. I know some out there in web-land will think these are primitive and mediocre and they would be right; however it is new skill I am learning. It keeps me in the classroom with young college students and at 62 it is invigorating because I do not understand them at all until we discuss art. Then we can all connect. We started with corks (wine and champagne), erasers, potato (the hardest by far), and we graduated to the EZ Cut which is like eraser material rolled out flat and about 5X7.

The first picture is of the corks and eraser and the second is my first print that I actually cut. I really don’t think it is to bad. I like the cutting part....the printing not so much. I really need to work on that since it is a print class.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Quote for the day: Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful prints! I love hand printing.

Carol, you are an amazing active productive vibrant talent!

-jenj