Monday, September 29, 2008

Painting Painting Painting

Well golly gee I have been busy. Very busy! I have been so motivated to paint that there are not enough hours in the day. I haven't posted in two weeks.

Here are a couple of pieces I sent off to a juried show in Virginia. We’ll see if they accept me. Right now I am not using a paint brush with these and I am not sure why. I use everything but a brush. I really just pour the paint. I am reusing interior acrylic house paint from a dentist office remodel. I like the fact that it is limiting my pallet and I love the consistency. These are 5x5x1.5 and they are part of the little monster series I am doing.



I went out on Saturday and helped a sister move from one storage space to another. She is also and artist and writer and she had some great stuff in storage. She offered me anything pretty much I wanted; however I already have too much stuff. I did take a couple of old boxes that held print type. Here is a picture of one in progress and is about 7x7x1. This is fun since I was struggling with a different piece earlier. One of my assemblage pieces was going down the toilet so to speak. I decided to put it away for now and move on. It will be revisited later.



I am also working on a piece for the pink show at the Tangent Gallery in November. The deadline is coming up and this piece is all spray paint. What fun and a little hard to control. I guess I need more practice.


These are just some of the work I've done lately and I will try to post more works in progress. Oh... and I finished Free Fall. I will post her tomorrow. She will be in a show in December with the Swell Sisters.


Quote for the day - Every Artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures - Henry Ward Beecher


I have to agree since I find that most of my work is light in nature unless I get mad at our government and then I do a political piece. Not going there!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

Campbell Jane said...

Oh my gosh those are so great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gads! You are ONE busy woman artist painter printer collaborator assembledger and stenciler and much much more...!

GADS! I love love love your little monster series.

-jenj

Tj Lev said...

I really love your little monsters, so playful! And of course the pink tickeled piece is so great! The box from Jen with candies? Love it!! What a treasure, just like you Carol, you are a treasure!!

Anonymous said...

Mom, I like the little monsters collection and look forward to seeing the next piece from that. Your art work is very diverse. Everything is looking great! :)