Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Too Early!


Well it has been a couple of weeks since my last post. I am only up because I cannot sleep these days. Our economy is in the toilet. although I have been very busy at work and at home. I am thankful for my job. Let me see if I can recap.

I am finishing up a piece for the “Pink” show and hope to send in the submission this weekend. I think it is great. I haven’t heard anything from the “5x5x5” show. Perhaps they did not like my submissions. Oh well I will keep trying. There are a couple of shows coming up that I hope to enter. I am really into my reuse of materials since my cash flow is really dismal at this time to buy anything new.


Here are a couple more pieces in the “little monster” series I am doing. I so love these little guys. There is a show “In Your Dreams” in the spring in New York. I think that would be a fun show to send in a submission.


The Swell Sisters met last night and we worked on our own projects; however I just socialized with the group. It is hard for me to work on anything serious in a group of 30 women all talking at once. It was a blast though.


Our show is fast approaching and I will be showing “Free Fall” since I finally finished the piece. We open on December 13th - Second Saturday.


Recently I met few of my swell sisters and we had a concrete play date. What fun and it opens up many possibilities. For my piece I just took mannequin bodies form (actually only the front half) and covered it in concrete and

will lay it out in the garden. I guess I need to take a picture to share.


My friend Jilly is willing to show me how to mosaic. I am going to have way too much fun!


Also next weekend is Folsom Faire and the last faire of the year. Busy! Busy! Busy!

Quote for the day: There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality. – Pablo Picasso

No comments: