Sunday, August 3, 2008

Saturday was Fabulous Darling!!!!!!

I went to San Francisco yesterday to visit the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the MOMA. It Was Fabulous! She was woman a step out of her time. Her work is wonderful and thought provoking. She had health struggles (some major) her whole life and perhaps that gave her the strength to go against the norm. Great show!

I went with five of my Swell Sisters and we had a wonderful time. After the Kahlo exhibit we went to Scraps. Oh My Gosh! If you like to recycle in your art this is the place for you. Many people would see it as the ultimate junk store (actually trash). I felt like I had gone to recycled heaven. I have so much stuff already I had to contain myself. Not easy to do when I am around other peoples cast offs. I almost bought two stretcher frames for canvas; however there wasn’t enough room in the car. Sigh! Next time maybe.

I did spend a whopping $3 for my treasures. I am so jazzed about the zipper pulls and don’t have a clue what I am going to do with them. Yes zipper pulls. Not zippers! Just pulls! I also picked up some cool gold paper and I am anxious to see how it works with different mediums. I love the adventure of creating art. Especially since I make it for me! The best thing I found is a blank book that barks when you open it. That will become a book about my little dog Sadie. How fun is that?

AND then we went to the Dick Blick Art Store in Berkeley. What a day for a bunch of crazy artists. I did pick up some canvas to stretch. Man I wish I could have bought the stretcher frame. Next Time!

Well off to do the mundane chores around the house and then to the studio to paint.

Quote for the day:
“A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often – just to save it from dying out completely”. – Pam Brown

I really need to contact a couple of old friends!

1 comment:

Campbell Jane said...

Man I wish I could have gone too!! Love your quotes of the day! See ya soon!