Sunday, October 26, 2008

I LOVE MY SHOES


I love my shoes AND my shoes love me! Last Thursday I met with my quirky art group and the meeting was art to wear. We were asked to bring a pair of canvas shoes to paint. When you wear your shoes you are showing your artwork to the world around you. Anyway that is the premise.


I wasn’t sure what I was going to paint; however I decided since it was SHOES I wouldn’t think about it. It is not like I am going to prom or to an inaugural party. SO I just started painting and decided to use lots of color. I tend to limit my color palette and decided these needed to be fun.


Half way through I thought that I would never wear them since they looked like something a 12 year old would wear; however I find them quirky and fun. Wow and it was from the "Quirky Art Group" with the Swell Sister Society. Interesting!

I wore them to the grocer store today. I can honestly say I don’t know if anyone looked at them because I forgot they were on my feet. I guess feeling stupid will not be an issue.


I really like the idea of wearable art. One of a kind pieces of clothing. It is something I would like to explore more. Yeah....Like I really have time right now. BUT I will file it for later. I am thinking that a ball cap would be fun and it would be a little more visible than shoes. At any rate I think it was a great experiment and I enjoyed it. AND I will wear them. I am thinking of wearing them to work tomorrow.


Anyone who likes fun and off beat things should think about getting some acrylic paint a pair of canvas shoes (or canvas tote) and make your own statement. Who knows you may like it and it's useful.


Quote for the day: Aging is not ‘lost youth’ but a new stage of opportunity and strength. – Betty Friedan


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shoes kick a$$!

If you're doing wearable art on a regular basis, you may want to consider submitting your work to mags like Altered Couture and Belle Armoire, both from Stampington company (I think!).

I'm looking forward to reading your blog! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

yeah I agree with miragi.. you have talent in art. go for it.. BTW thanks for accepting my ads in your entrecard..