Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday


Today is Saturday and of course I am off work. I word for the state and will be furloughing two days a month starting next month. We are a little behin=d many of the other state folks. The CSU put it off and can't any longer. We are almost 600 million le4ss in funding than the previous year. It is bad. the campuses are not accepting any more students for spring (or winter for those on the quarter system). I try not to think about it because I have not control. Why worry about what I cannot control.



On a lighter note: I went to Port Townsend last April and it was beautiful. I actually went for an Art Fest put on each year by Teesha and Tracy Moore. Three days of workshops and we stayed at the fort for four nights. Too Cool! Very basic accommodations but so much fun. Like being in the college dorm. The woman across from me was from Norway, two doors down they were from Canada and I met a woman from Ashland Oregon on the way up. We all had a wine social at night with show and tell about our workshop we participated in that day. I hope to go again next spring We will see if I can afford it. I think it is very affordable for what you get; however if you don't have the money then nothing is affordable.

No comments: